February 27, 2011

a slightly famous Ashram

Here is a bit of a famous place - even if you don't know it you could guess why - play the game and follow the little journey we had this weekend.
Last Open to the public in 1988. Now? 50 Rupees at the Gate

Impromptu guide. What a Character! But not Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Meditation Dome once home to some famous Bugs? 

There were hundreds and they had GREAT acoustics

Formerly the Main Yoga Hall... bit of a fixer-upper - but the ceiling tiles look like an inspiration for an Album of the same colour...

the LEVITATION Hall for Transcendental Meditation (we are all amazed!)

Old Water Towers on the Apartment complexes. I DID climb up but had my camera with me... (also great acoustics!)

Now do you know why this is a famous Ashram?
If you have no idea... click here - Wikipedia will explain it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I appreciate your feedback and ideas but I do request that nothing offensive, no commercial links and no spam-like messages are left here. I reserve the right to remove any and all comments that aren't appropriate.