February 28, 2011

First I take Manhattan then I take Dehradun

I hope the title of this post was sung to the appropriate tune... my last (half) day in Rishikesh and my mini-road trip to Dehradun.

After much a bit of deliberation I am opting to take the "first class" method of trasport and feel like some kind of inauthentic glamour queen because of it.

Option 1: taxi to Rishikesh town/bus stop - public bus - taxi to Doon School (and likely getting ripped off for the first and last step. Slightly unclear on the scheduling - likely have to wait an hour or more beyond the travel time).
Required: carry over-sized, now TOTALLY FULL 40-some liter backpack.
Cost: about $12 Canadian Dollars

Option 2: hire a private car from the Ashram door to the school campus (set price & reasonably reliable timetable... i.e. when I order it (give or take aka. Indian time).
Required: carry backpack to door and... uhhh... no that's it.
Cost: about $25 Canadian Dollars.

I opted for the $13 peace-of-mind fee. Just call me a Hollywood Heiress... actually, please don't.

Next stop - Dehradun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I appreciate your feedback and ideas but I do request that nothing offensive, no commercial links and no spam-like messages are left here. I reserve the right to remove any and all comments that aren't appropriate.