January 31, 2011

Unwind your Expectations

Something I learned the other day...

twisting and stretching in the early (cold) morning: unwind your expectations.

- From the metal-divided-dinner plates with curry lentils, fresh root vegetables and fresh chapti bread to hilly hikes to a lovely waterfall

- From the necessity of sleeping in sweaters and socks* to going to bed at 7:45pm

- From 3-person dorm rooms to 90% recycling/composting

- From the Himalayan women's cooperative where I bought my shawl to the litters of stray puppies around the corner

- From my mind-bogglingly low capacity to do currency exchange to the sheer beauty of foggy mountains and bright orange blossoms

- From 6am laughing yoga and chanting before dinner...

I'm never really in control. I never really know what to expect. And I think I love it.

*yes it's India... but it's also January. And the mountains. And buildings here have about as much insulation as your average tool shed... so windy and 6 degrees = really stinkin cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I appreciate your feedback and ideas but I do request that nothing offensive, no commercial links and no spam-like messages are left here. I reserve the right to remove any and all comments that aren't appropriate.