February 5, 2011

Ecological Clock

tick   tick   tick

the environment is much better at keeping time than I am (even if I had a digital satellite watch... or something)

8:43pm - the dog choir has begun and I can pop in my earplugs and hit the pillow (if I haven't already).

5:30am - front bell is gong-ed (who needs an alarm? - likely no one in the neighbourhood)

6:28am - sun is rising in the middle of the morning yoga session (beautiful hazy eyes of the sky opening up to cast golden grey light over the top of the valley and colouring most of the clouds thick blue or subtle purple)

6:29am - wind starts HOWLING (for those of you in Southern Alberta think, a slightly more than normally windy day)

7:10am - we are doing sun salutations to the sun rise. The yellowy orange light is washing over the hills and you can start to distinguish the pinks of the rooftop, yellow of the walls and the tones of green in the trees.

8:01am - the sun is more then light. There is now warmth!

9:20am - Pigeons on the metal roof. Our class room/yoga studio is on the top floor and by now the silent meditation for class is over and the birds know it.

I should probably just throw my alarm clock out the window and focus on the wisdom of this natural cycle. It's even part of the yoga philosophy we are learning about... and validates my life-long reasoning that in Canadian winters "business hours" (and school hours and "anyone expects anything from Lyndia hours") should be limited to the hours of 10am-3pm. Which will now, officially, be a part of my life philosophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I appreciate your feedback and ideas but I do request that nothing offensive, no commercial links and no spam-like messages are left here. I reserve the right to remove any and all comments that aren't appropriate.