January 25, 2011

Delhi Day!

I saw myself here a while back - a welcoming, sensory over load in the most serene way. Something yellow. Something green and the sunlight and the sliding doors... the placard help by the assistant of my soon-to-be-yoga-teacher. Confused? Sure. Amazed? Most certainly.

After all my flights (4 to be exact) I arrived almost 30 minutes early. Early!

So far I've already learned:

the driving-lanes mean nothing - true.
the proliferation of cows - true (saw six in five minutes)
the warmth - true! (it's 17 degrees Celsius)
the chaos at the airport? No longer true... or I magically missed it. It was very clean and orderly. Some of the hallways were almost eerily empty.
the smell I'd been warned about? Also not true. Sounds like things are off to a good start!

The hotel is fine too. I met one of the other yoga students (who was on the same flight from London) and we introduced ourselves, took the car together to the hotel and became roommate. And I thought Facebook was the quickest way to find roommates... and now: 1 room, 1 key... 1 bed. Yes, well... nice to meet you. Oh well. The shower and possibility of sleeping not in an airplane seat or airport chair is quite a treat after 36 hours.

So that's it. Here I am. I am here. I have had several moments of inner escatic joy and blinding fear (usually in quick succession) but the trip itself? Pretty much perfect!

p.s. during my 6.5 hour wait in Munich I was interviewed and photographed by a woman from a local newspaper doing a piece about the travelers in the Munich airport; where they are from; what they are doing and why they like Munich. Yep, I'm pretty much famous now.

Oh and Happy Republic Day India. :)

9 comments:

  1. Gerry & SusanJanuary 26, 2011

    Your trip is sounding more wonderful with each blog we read. Enjoy your young & single time!
    We are enjoying our old & free years....
    Love, Gerry & Susan (Mesa, AZ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for making it! Can't wait to hear the stories that will ensue...
    I hope the bed is a double one at least? ;)
    Kenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun!!! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are there crazy parties going on for Republic Day? :O

    ReplyDelete
  5. You arrived EARLY? Wow!!! I didn't think that air travel allowed that luxury!

    Glad you made it safe and sound and that all is well! Your "documents" were delivered as per your request, just FYI :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun read!

    I just noticed that Lyndia's India rhymes. How delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello my sweet friend!! I am so sorry I missed your farewell - drama ensued but all is well now.
    So happy to hear your departure and arrival is going so well - I can't wait to read all about your adventures.
    hugs
    heather b

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! I'm glad you're reading along :) It's great to hear from so many of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sean - no crazy Republic Day parties... just a relatively stuffy looking formal parade (as seen on TV).

    Holly - there were 110km/hr tail winds so no airplane speed limits were broken (and thanks for making the document delivery!!)

    Kenna - I think the bed was AT LEAST a Queen...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I appreciate your feedback and ideas but I do request that nothing offensive, no commercial links and no spam-like messages are left here. I reserve the right to remove any and all comments that aren't appropriate.