March 11, 2011

The Urge to Plan

As I am trying to practice contentment and living in the present moment AND going with the flow... I am feeling an overwhelming urge to PLAN SOMETHING. Oh no. Not now... There have been lots of intersting events going on in and around Doon and I have been having both fun and inspiring experiences - for which I am truly grateful but the last two days have started to sound like a ticking clock and I feel I should be "Making Plans" for the rest of my time here in India (1 month and 7 days to be precise).

I am no longer so sure I will be making it all the way out to Bodh Gaya on this trip as I have come across and been accepted to a different Silence Meditation course that is both closer to Delhi/Dehradun and will be a habitable temperature at the time of said course. The fact came to me that in Bodh Gaya around the beginning of April it can be will be HOT. We are talking a minimum of 27 degrees Celcius and highs more like the mid 40s. I have faith in my ability to be silent for 10 days... but not to spend 10 days in plus 43 degree temperatures. No. No thank-you. So this other retreat (which also allows for laying meditation, walking meditation and some silent morning yoga - none of which were permitted in the Bodh Gaya one) it is! As it turns out the Doon School is also going (for the four days prior) to work in a small village in the exact same area of Nainital! Coincidence?

Best part of it all is that the organization that Doon will be working with is AMAZING and I am just starting to learn more about some of the amazing and truly inspirational work they have done in fostering community, supporting women and educating children through their Badwali program (more about that later). Anyway, it is totally the kind of thing I'd like to see first hand and OF COURSE be able to help out with!

So maybe I'll just stick around here a little while longer and join in on these other projects in different areas of Uttakahand and plan two or three mini-trips (i.e. Agra, Delhi, Corbett Park) and then leave March alone. Ironically/coincidently/appropriately my alarm clock also broke last night. I take it as a sign to give up on the over-planning and go with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I appreciate your feedback and ideas but I do request that nothing offensive, no commercial links and no spam-like messages are left here. I reserve the right to remove any and all comments that aren't appropriate.