February 17, 2011

Milestones

Alright, I did it!


I TAUGHT MY FIRST YOGA CLASS (okay, co-taught... but let's not let that change anything).

It was super fun and I think I did a pretty good job! Best of all it was around the halfway milestone so I think that's pretty sweet. Oh and near the full moon (tomorrow officially) which is totally auspicious and thus will make my second class (in three days) just as marvelous, I'm sure.

My partner and I decided on the theme of "Breath" for our "intro to Yoga" Beginner's Level class and pretty much rocked it... and by rocked it I mean made some reasonable mistakes, felt nervous, forgot very little and got some great, constructive feedback from our student-peers at the end. *fist pump!*

As such, I celebrated by breaking my ... (no not silence... that was broken long ago)... my aversion to sweets and took a field trip to find the mouth-watering "Local Candy Store" (not its actual name but we don't know the real name... as such we didn't find it, but that might have been why we didn't find it - let's just gloss over that detail for now). We found some treats at a "general store" (which means one of the multitude of un-named shops that sell everything out of a space the size of a bathroom...

Other than that... things are going well and I'm still enjoying things (the good, the challenging and the three consecutive days of dreary/windy/chilly/rain - okay, no not the rain... I am only enjoying it because it is beautiful now and I LOOOOVE that!)

p.s. I was definitely the luckiest girl at the ashram (never, thought I would have said THAT in my life..) when I got a Valentine's Day card on February 15th! In the mail! From Canada!! (Thanks Oma!)

p.p.s. I still haven't heard back from the University of Ireland but am hoping for some good news soon! Maybe by the time I call this weekend.... I won't hold my breath, but my lung capacity HAS certainly increased while here...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad the first yoga teaching lesson went well!

    What kind of sweets did you try? Anything unique?

    Crossing my fingers that you hear some good news soon from the University of Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far... we haven't technically found said sweet shop.. but I've had an Indian kit-kat bar (called Munch) and some stuff that tastes like Halva Cookies... and at dinner they've served a couple delicious things including a coconut fudge-like bar and some molasses-tasting candy... delicious!

    I'm definitely not done experimenting though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I appreciate your feedback and ideas but I do request that nothing offensive, no commercial links and no spam-like messages are left here. I reserve the right to remove any and all comments that aren't appropriate.