March 30, 2011

Trust

Leopard poop was sighted.

An extremely good question was fielded "What if the leopard comes back?"

Luckily (for everyone but me) we determined that as a foreign-delicacy I was the first one to go. Sacrifices must be made. However, our wild-feline friend did not present itself again on our walk through the hills. I guess that was a bit of trust.

I am also quite sure to trust the ability to strenghten the community with dedicated work, passion and good intentions - not necessarily "expertise" like a degree (which I still intend on getting though). After learning more about and experiencing first hand some of the absolutely amazing work being done by the Uttarakhand Seva Nidhi Paryavaran Shiksha Sansthan (aka. a state specific NGO that works with local women in villages for environmental education, childrens' education and girls' education which ultimately has culmunitate in heartening women's and community empowerment in the most literal and inspiring sense of the word.

But mostly the trust I realized was in the fact that on my 60th Day of the my trip that I actually hadn't written down the emergency numbers associated with my credit card(s) and health insurance. So it seemed like a prime time to do so. That time was exactly while driving in the Himalayan foothills in a white Tata jeep with the windows wide open. That. That is trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I appreciate your feedback and ideas but I do request that nothing offensive, no commercial links and no spam-like messages are left here. I reserve the right to remove any and all comments that aren't appropriate.