March 29, 2011

One step forward...

...two steps back... towards the Indo-Pakistan border. The rest of the trip is planned (and train tickets are booked/paid-for/planned/scheduled). From here on out no more "big" decisions to make... well not about what place to experience. And NO "one-day-per-city" stops*. I am so excited!

Here's the run down for anyone singing along or placing bets:

- three days in a village of the Almora-region of Uttarakhand for a social service project. (I am currently there but pre-wrote this since there is definitely no Internet here)
- five days in Jammu and Kashmir (Jammu) for a Goddess-related festival (this is in the Pakistan direction again)
- seven days in Dharamsala (at least three of which I intend to have in silence)
- three days in Delhi (then off to Germany!)

So there you have it. No, there I have it. I can't believe it's already down to the last four or so weeks of my trip. I also can't believe that I think four weeks seems like very little time, most times four weeks is an amazing length of holiday time! :)


*I am still asking The question - to Agra or not to Agra? (which, for anyone not fluent in Wonders-of-the-World-associated-with-geographic-location, means the Taj Mahal. I've had VERY mixed reviews about it. AND I don't want to do the ultra-touristy things - but I will be in Delhi and the Golden Temple WAS breath-taking and I love it... plus I've only ever been awe-struck by things like the Eiffle Tower, Great Wall, Coliseum, Panama Canal (Miaflores) and the Blue Mosque... ah well I have three and a half weeks to decide. Com'on Flow! I'm going where ever you take me!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Lyndia, glad to hear you are still doing well in India :) can't believe you only have 4 weeks left either! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I also can't believe that I think four weeks seems like very little time, most times four weeks is an amazing length of holiday time! :)"

    I KNOW! When we were travelling and down to the last TWO MONTHS, we thought that was short. Crazy hey. Now I'm happy if I get longer than a week...funny how perspective changes. Continue to have an amazing journey! Thanks for keeping us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Yes Kenna - the perspective certainly does change!

    And Brittany, even though I'm not missing winter in Canada I'm looking forward to seeing lots of you folks who had to bare through it!

    Thanks to both of you for reading-along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey lyndia, i can't believe your almost done your trip. enjoy your visit with everyone in germany! oh and my vote is to Agra. i studied the taj mahal a while back. it has some great history and amazing architecture.
    -Mike

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I appreciate your feedback and ideas but I do request that nothing offensive, no commercial links and no spam-like messages are left here. I reserve the right to remove any and all comments that aren't appropriate.