March 23, 2011

SUPER AmritS(T)AR

Yes, it is actually Amritsar but for some reason (and far too long) I referred to it (mentally, verbally and awkwardly) as Am-rit-star... nope. I might as well call Canada something like Ken-add-aye. Anyways my Amritsari experience has been so awesome I'll never pronounce it incorrectly again!

Seriously the only bad thing (which may have more to do with Mother Nature than the city) has been the excessive amount of mosquitoe bites I've gotten... in one night while I was sleeping* I got at least 12. And I know I was sleeping because the little devil bumps of swollen itchy-ness are in practical places like between my toes, on the sole of my foot, THREE on one elbow, on the back of EACH hand and on the knuckle of my right index finger. Yes, I have an itemized list!

What makes it a Super Star? Well for one I stumbled across one of the best hotels of all (which was even recommended in my Lonely Planet guide I left at home - see how good my instincts are?!) and have had a great time with Hotel Grace as my home base. It's only a few blocks* from the Golden Temple, they are well connected for info and tours and the like and I AM EATING LIKE A QUEEN AN ARMY OF QUEENS!

*the concept of blocks does not really exist here but it's the easiest way for me to describe. I doubt the more accurate descriptions of "five cows" or "18 souveiner shops" will paint a very exact picture.

Since I am feeling a bit tired after all my adventures today (and, honestly, I was just invited for an Indian whiskey so that trumps extended blogging, sorry folks).

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. I appreciate your feedback and ideas but I do request that nothing offensive, no commercial links and no spam-like messages are left here. I reserve the right to remove any and all comments that aren't appropriate.